more Parkway news...

Birders,

While hiking the unmarked trails that traverse the area below Mahogany Rock
Overlook (milepost 235), I did enjoy watching a pair of juvenile sibling?
Sharpies playing tag-and-scream. They darted in and out of the trees on
Scott's ridge and put on quite a show. Unfortunately I didn't find any
Timber Rattlesnakes that I had hoped to see. Barn Swallows have apparently
began moving southward as they were swooping about above the old cable car
foundation on Scott's ridge. Coming back down Hwy 21, I saw a migrant osprey
at the Old Beau pond...sorry Rob, no antenna :). For those of you that
appreciate wildflowers, August/September has much to offer along the BRP
(plus the fall songbird mig). Get up there!

Eric Harrold
Charlotte, NC