Re: mea culpa

Carolina Birders:

I'm a bit surprised that Buddy Garrett feels he has to apologize for
starting a discussion of CBCs and Audubon's mission on this listserv.
How can counting birds, science, and conservation not be fair game
for this group?

I was out of town and didn't read all the earlier postings, but I
sure didn't see anything that qualified as a "fracas" in the last
couple of posts. Ann Shahib's email (and mine following it) simply
presented some facts: CBCs are real science, and Audubon is doing
good work on behalf of conservation.

Am I missing something here?

Rob Bierregaard
UNC-Charlotte

--

Rob Bierregaard

				Phones: 704 333 2405
Biology Department			704 547 3499
UNC-Charlotte			Faxes:	704 333 2404
9201 University City Blvd.		704 547 3128
Charlotte NC 28223-0001		rbierreg@email.uncc.edu

	http://www.bioweb.uncc.edu/bierregaard/