other Sumter Co., SC birds - Sun, 4/13/2003

I forgot to add in my previous post that I had 3 Northern Shovelers at
Wateree River Correctional Institute, and another 2 in a flooded field along
County Road 51 about 2/10 of a mile North of Pack's Landing Rd.  With the
latter were 2 Mallards (hen and a drake) and 2 Blue-winged Teal.  I wonder
if the summering Mallards we see in the Upper Santee Swamp are from the SC
Waterfowl Associations releases?  I did see 4 Mallards last Sunday,
4/6/2003, under the US 378 bridge over the Wateree River, 2 of which had
metallic bands.
Does anyone know if the SCWA bands are metallic or maybe colored?

Mike Turner
Columbia, SC