Painted Buntings

A trip to the Grand Strand Humane center on 10th Ave ext. this a.m. brought a delicious sight for my eyes.  At first I thought I was looking at a couple of cardinals on top of a scrub pile.  The red was so vivid.  A closer look gave me my very first male painted bunting sighting and I have to tell you I am sure my mouth dropped 6 inches.  I just stayed and watched til they moved on.  What a sight they were.  Colors were spectacular.

On my way back home I cut up 27th Ave N and parked and walked the circumference of the power sub-station.  They have thinned this area out quite a bit but it is the first time I have seen bluebirds here so I guess the clearing did some good.  Also saw a pair of pileateds, and a half dozen rabbits.  How appropriate for Easter morning.
KC Foggin
Myrtle Beach SC