Jackson Park

Hilda Reece, Jane Kramer and I checked out Hendersonville area this morning.
A few migrants are starting showing up at Jackson Park.
Highlights seen:
Prairie
Orange-crowned
Redstart
Hooded
Common Yellow-throat

Fletcher Park still has the Solitary and the Spotted Sandpiper. The Soras were not
seen. We did have a quick look at a pair of Blue-winged Teals.

Lake Julian had 3 Common Loons. While there, we witnessed a dual between 2 of the
barnyard geese out on the water. It had to have lasted 5 minutes or more. All the
waterfowl in the area formed a circle around the pair to watch the action. Both
escaped with out any obvious injuries.

Jeff Catlin
Marietta, SC
jco@viperlink.net