Re: Field Guide Found

C'Birders,
Dennis's posting underscores the importance of placing your name,
address, and phone number in each of your field guides, so that you''ll
have a chance of recovery in the event of loss.

Several years ago, I placed a guide on the top of my car while scoping a
raptor. After replacing my scope in the car I drove off, oblivious to
the fact that the book was on the roof. That afternoon, before I had
missed the guide, I received a call from the local telephone company
advising me that one of their crews had found my book on the side of the
road.

The moral--check your guides right now to be certain that they do
contain id info.

Tom Joyce
Brevard, NC