Grosbeak...

Sitting here in my study on this rainy day doing some work and just had a
beautiful red-breasted grosbeak visiting the yard.  What a beautiful bird!

The female RTH's are now visiting the feeders frequently.  Question; what
are the males doing at this point?  The reason I ask is that I haven't seen
a male in the last couple of days, just females.

Also, a curious question.  I see many posts here of painted buntings
visiting birder's yards, yet I've never spotted one here.  Is there any
particular vegetation, landscape, etc. which attracts them?

Happy birding!

Regards,

Randy Dunson
Hillsborough  NC