(Jon Smith) Stecoah Gap & Clay Colored Sparrow

Glenda and I spent the morning birding at Stecoah Gap in Graham County, NC.  There were numerous Warblers, Vireos, Grosbeaks and Tanagers.  Highlights were numbers of Golden Wing, a cooperative Kentucky, and a Warbling Vireo.  When we returned home we were greeted by a Clay Colored Sparrow who was enjoying our deck feeder.  He continue to feed off and on until dusk tonight.  Several times he feed in close proximity to a Chipping Sparrow for nice comparisons.  Oh, that spring migration lasted longer!

Good Birding
Jon Smith
Fletcher, NC