Fooled twice in less than an hour

After hearing the loud call of the killdeer in close proximity and seeing nothing, finally realized it was my resident office mocking bird.  Seems he has added a new song to his repertoire.  Half hour later I hear a lovely serenade, albeit,slightly different  and took a quick look on the wire to reassure myself that it was my mocker and wow, a brown thrasher sitting high up on the utility wire completely exposed.  I have never seen them so out in the open before.
K.C. Foggin
Myrtle Beach, SC