Rose-breasted Grosbeaks and Louisiana Waterthrush(es?)

Two days ago, I had a wonderful male Rose-breasted Grosbeak at my feeder,
only the second I've ever seen in my yard.
    Today, coming back from lunch, I spotted another, different
Rose-breasted Grosbeak at the feeder. The first one I had seen had a very
crisp, bright plumage, but this one still had some small white spots on its
head, and the red didn't seem as bright as the first.
    After it flew from the feeder, I followed it in my binoculars. Suddenly,
I noticed that there were 3 other Rose-breasted Grosbeaks in the same tree,
3 males and 1 female in all! One of the males looked like the one I had seen
the other day, the pattern of white on its wings seemed to be about the
same. I didn't think I'd ever see that many grosbeaks at once, much less in
my yard.

Also, I had a Louisiana Waterthrush singing in my yard for several weeks (I
have a small creek running in the back), but it has stopped singing
recently. According to Kaufman's Lives of North American Birds, that could
possibly mean that a nest has been made and eggs have been laid already. Of
course, that could also mean that it succumbed to a hawk or something of the
sort, but I'm hoping that it's not the latter.

Roger Shaw
Raleigh, NC