GOLDEN EAGLES in Catawba County

We had our birdwalk at Bakers Mountain Park (southwestern Catawba Co.) this
morning.  We didn't have anything out of the ordinary until we were walking
down from the top.  We first heard a raptor sounding call and we all looked
up.  It took a minute for us to figure out that we were looking at Golden
Eagles!!!  We first saw an immature and then it was joined by two mature
adults.  All six of us got great looks at them.  They were a life bird for 3
of us including me!!!!  I never thought I would get that one in Catawba
County.  As far as I know, this is a first county record for this species.
Maybe we will get another county record in this evenings walk at Riverbend
Park.

Dwayne
Dwayne Martin
Foothills Bird Club