Lumber River State Park birds

Folks,

We were delighted with a chorus of bird songs at our campsite in Lumber River State Park. Camping was primitive with lots of mosquitoes, but well worth the $8 a night and we only had one other group of campers in the park with us Saturday night.

Here's a list of 27 species we heard from the campsite, listed by most heard:

Northern Parula, Prothonotary Warbler, Fish Crow, Ovenbird, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Wood Thrush, Barred Owl, Yellow Throated Warbler, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Pileated Woodpecker, White-eyed Vireo, Red-eyed Vireo, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Tuffed Titmouse, Summer Tanager, Scarlet Tanager, American Crow, Hooded Warbler, Mockingbird, Great Crested Flycatcher, Arcadian Flycatcher, Thrasher, Wood Pewee, Chimney Swift, Common Nighthawk, Hairy Woodpecker and Bobwhite. I'm sure I missed a few more.

Randy Emmitt
Rougemont, NC