Gray Kingbird at Cape Lookout, NC

Today, Monday, several of us saw a Gray Kingbird at Cape Lookout.
Unfortunately, it was a fly-by, although it came by very close and in
excellent light.  We saw it near the coast guard dock.  It flew by us
and continued across the bight and toward the lighthouse.  Later, in the
afternoon, we got up to the lighthouse area, but did not see the bird.
It looked like it had a lot of "migratory energy" and I wouldn't be
surprised if it was some distance up the banks by now.

Strangely, we had a Chuck-will's-widow calling very energetically about
9:30 am.  The same thing happened last year.

John Fussell
Morehead City, NC
jfuss@clis.com

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Cape Lookout Mail Server]