Two More Catawba Co. Golden Eagles!

I just got a call from Blair Rayfield who is the Catawba County Parks
supervisor.  He told me that he and John Sutton the ranger at Bakers
Mountain Park (southwestern Catawba Co.) just saw TWO immature Golden Eagles
flying over the park.  They had good looks at them for over five minutes.
He described them perfectly-- white wing patches and the broad tail band.
There was even a Turkey Vulture flying with them for size comparison.  It
was just back on May 10th that we had 2 adults and an immature at this same
park.  I just wonder what they would be doing here this time of year.

Dwayne
Dwayne Martin
Foothills Bird Club
Taylorsville, NC