NCSU hawks and WRAL reporting

On Friday morning WRAL-TV added this article to their website: begin quote:

Hawks Take Flight; Construction To Resume

POSTED: 1:06 a.m. EDT June 27, 2003
UPDATED: 8:49 a.m. EDT June 27, 2003

RALEIGH, N.C. -- Four baby Hawks caught up in North Carolina State construction have left the nest.

The rare Cooper's Hawks were nowhere to be found Thursday. Crews stopped work on a new public safety building when they were discovered last week.

People stopped by to catch a glimpse of the birds. Now that they are gone, construction will start back up in a few days.

end quote

http://www.wral.com/news/2297542/detail.html

I was there on Thursday and the hawks seemed quite at home in their nest. Friday afternoon I revisited the site and found 2 hawks in their nest and one in a tree about 15 feet away. Didn't see the 4th. I took photos and stopped by the WRAL-TV newsroom that is just a few blocks away. They expressed surprise saying their reporter had visited the site and that he had said the hawks had left. After seeing my photos still in my digital camera and with timestamps they said they would issue a correction to the story.

It didn't happen.

And construction seems to be continuing.

Attention from the media is not always a good thing. They have given the construction company an excuse to continue.

Jim

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com