migrants

Post-breeding dispersal for La Waterthrush I would say it is certainly
possible as warblers do sometimes wander outside their normal breeding areas
in summer.  But shorebirds??  These guys are on their way back.  They are
probably over a thousand miles from where they breed.  Anyway, early
shorebirds normally start coming back about this time.  I think it may be the
unsuccessful nesters that return first, then the adult successfuls, then the
kids.  Isn't that the way it normally goes you shorebird experts out there?
Marilyn

Marilyn Westphal
Environmental Quality Institute
University of North Carolina-Asheville