Brown Thrasher--4th brood?

If I am not very badly mistaken, a pair of Brown Thrashers in my yard
has now hatched out their 4th brood.  Is this possible?  Has anyone else
observed anything like this?

The birds first laid eggs in March.

Not long ago, the third brood was booted out into the cruel world--One
day, I was watching an adult feeding this group--four young, which were
every bit as big as the adult.  It was feeding them--from a suet
cake--very dutifully.  However, a couple of days later, I put out a suet
cake and watched as the adult came to it, and then a couple of the young
came in and began to beg.  Wow--what a transition from two days earlier.
Not only did the adult not feed the young, it went over and whacked 'em
good and drove 'em away.  Guess the adult had then shifted all attention
and energy to the next effort!

John Fussell
Morehead City, NC
jfuss@clis.com

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Cape Lookout Mail Server]