Eurasian Collared-Doves taking off

Eurasian Collared-Doves have increased rather dramatically in Carteret
County this year.

In Beaufort, they are not now largely restricted to a portion of town,
but can be seen just about anywhere, including out near the city limits.

In Morehead City, birds are now established in the old downtown area,
with a few birds as far west as where I live (15th Street).  I hear one
almost every day now.  I have recently got a report of birds out beyond
the western edge of Morehead.

John Fussell
Morehead City, NC
jfuss@clis.com

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Cape Lookout Mail Server]