HBSP on 7-11

Hi C'birders,
Yesterday morning, Bill Lanham and I met at Huntington Beach S.P.,
Murrells Inlet, Georgetown County, SC to do so birding before the
intense heat of afternoon.  We were in search of Black Tern, espcially
hoping that the BT that Bill had the day before (the tenth) could be
relocated.  No luck there.  We looked in Mullet Pond, and the jetty
pond.  All told 40 species were id'd.  The highlights were:  an Anhinga,
about 12 Little Blue Heron mostly immatures but about three adults, an
immature Black-crowned Night-Heron, about 40 Glossy Ibis, 25 Wood Stork,
3 Osprey, 4 Wilson's Plover at various location near the jetty pond, 2
Lesser Yellowlegs which flew over Mullet Pond, 8 Least Sandpiper along
the east edge of Mullet Pond near the causeway, 150 Least Tern on the
Inlet Beach at the North end of the park and on a sandbar in the inlet,
1 Loggerhead Shrike at the north end, 1 Painted Bunting was heard
singing from the causeway.
All told 40 species were id'd.   Full details are on
http://www.ebird.org/content/

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC