Brewster's Warbler

Esther and I ran into a couple of mixed flocks of warblers Tuesday in the
Sandy Mush area of western Buncombe County.  The most unusual sighting was
a Brester's Warbler -- Blue-winged x Golden-winged hybrid.  This one had a
yellow cap, black line through the eye, white throat, and yellow wing
patch.  Saw it with a male Golden-winged Warbler.  Other birds:  Canada,
Black-and-white, Prairie, Magnolia, Black-throated Green and Chestnut-sided
warblers, E. Wood Pewee, and an empidonax flycatcher.  A couple of cackling
Pileated Woodpeckers cruised by as well, and away from the flocks we ran
into a family of Black-throated Blue warblers.  -- cheers lgp

len pardue/asheville, nc (eljeep@mindspring.com)