Re: New, improved Big Sit

On Sun, 12 Sep 1999, Jack Peachey wrote:

> The answer is the western end of the causeway at Huntington Beach State
> Park.  The bad news is that circle is already taken by the team from
> Waccamaw Audubon.

Hmmmmmmm, gee. Everyone up here seems to think that the observation
towers on the dike at Pea Island NWR is the best spot in the Carolinas.
Unfortunately, I've been invited to a friend's wedding in Pennsylvania on
October 16, so I won't be sitting anywhere this year (other than the
driver's seat of my car). So is there anyone in North Carolina who can do
a Big Sit at Pea Island October 17, and defend our state's birding honor
against Waccamaw Audubon and HBSP?

I'm such a troublemaker, heh heh heh heh...

Joshua S. Rose
Duke University
Department of Zoology

jsr6@acpub.duke.edu