Red-breasted Nuthatch

While all you Piedmont and coastal folk worried about Floyd and wondered
about the birds it would bring, here in the mountains we experienced a
cloudy, breezy day and, to 4 p.m. in north Asheville at least, no rain.

Shackled as I was to my computer by a writing project, I found time only
now and then to go outside and look for birds.  Happily, a few warblers and
a White-eyed Vireo wandered through, and so did a Red-breasted Nuthatch, a
rare visitor.  May the irruption begin.

len pardue/asheville, nc (eljeep@mindspring.com)