Congaree Swamp 10/8 & Florida 10/1

Had the day off from work yesterday, so I spent the morning at Congaree Swamp N. M.  Not a lot of birds but did see Redstarts, BTB Warblers, 1 Magnolia W., a few Pine Warblers, White-Eyed Vireo, Wood Thrush, an unidentified thrush, and two cuckoos that I am having trouble IDing.  Took some decent photos, which you can view at http://home.sprintmail.com/~steventracey/index.html  follow the "Latest Outings" link.

In non-Carolina bird news, I went to visit my father in Florida and do some birding last weekend.  We went to the St. Pete/Clearwater birding Festival on Friday and hit some of my Dad's favorite spots the rest of the weekend.  111 species total for the 3 day weekend.  I got a lot of good photos, which I've posted at the same page as noted above.

Steve Tracey
Columbia, SC
steventracey@sprintmail.com