Trip North 10/10-11

Traveling North from Tampa Sunday morning I stopped at Huguenot Park in
Jacksonville. I was rewarded by seeing the Bar-tailed Godwit, Long-billed
Curlew and two White phase Reddish Egrets. All of this by 12:30. I continued
on this afternoon to Georgetown, SC.

Today I went to Huntington Beach State Park. There were not a large number
of birds, but did find some interesting ones. I guess the best was an
eclipse plumage Common Eider. I initially found it on the beach at the end
of the jetty on the shore side. It later swam to the other end of the jetty.
I think this bird could be sick as it allowed me to approach within 5' and
never moved. I also saw 2 Saltmarsh Sharp-tailed Sparrows on the jetty, a
Reddish Egret at the jetty pool, and two Peregrines.

Ken Allen
Temple Terrace, FL
kena@gte.net