FBC Sparrow Hunt this weekend

Please join the Foothills Bird Club as we look for sparrows at the Wagner
Property in Happy Valley, NC on Saturday October 16th.  This beautiful tract
of private land is owned by some of our very own club members--Jim and Carol
Wagner.  The habitat around the impoundments should be very promising in
finding White-throated, White-crowned, Swamp, Song, Field, and Savannah
Sparrows.  Perhaps we'll luck up and find a rarity (Wayne Forsythe's
Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrow would do nicely!) or two.  There should also
be lingering migrants and some waterfowl present.  Bring a lunch and we'll
head for Moses Cone Manor for a picnic lunch amidst the spectacular fall
foliage!  We'll then walk around Trout or Bass Pond (or both depending on
time) and look for Brown Creepers and other feathered friends.

We will meet in the parking lot of Burger King at the corner of hwys 321 and
18 in Lenoir, NC at 8:00am.  Hope to see some of you there!

Dwayne & Lori Martin
Foothills Bird Club
Claremont, NC
dlmartin@twave.net