HBSP on 10-18

Hi Carolinabirders,
	First a word about yesterday from the Myrtle Beach Area perspective. From
3 AM to about 9 PM there was rain and more rain in the area courtesy of
Irene.  Total rainfall yesterday was 4.1 " as measured at the Myrtle Beach
airport.  The wind did not seem to be a problem at all hardly any debris
around and no fallen trees.  Nonetheless Huntington Beach S.P. was closed
yesterday.
	Today I did Huntington solo.  I covered the carriage path, the causeway
and the crabbers dock only in the AM.  The day was sunny with NW winds at
Beufort Scale 3. About 40 species were seen and or heard.
Pied-billed Grebe-4
Double-crested Cormorant-4
Great Blue Heron-2
Great Egret-4
Snowy Egret-11
Tricolored Heron-5
White Ibis-30
Turkey Vulture-6
Osprey-6
Sharp-shinned Hawk-2
Red-tailed Hawk-2
Merlin-1
Clapper Rail-5 heard only
Black-bellied Plover-9
Semipalmated Plover-1
Willet-4
Dunlin-1
Short-billed Dowitcher-14
Laughing Gull-10
Belted Kingfisher-1
Red-bellied Woodpecker-2
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker-3 two adults 1 immature
N. Flicker-4
Tree Swallow-1000+
Blue Jay-35
Crow sp.-1
Carolina Chickadee-6
Tufted Titmouse-3
House Wren-2
Gray Catbird-3
N. Mockingbird-3
Brown Thrasher-1
Red-eyed Vireo-1
Yellow-rumped Warbler-6
Palm Warbler-3
N. Cardinal-8
Rufous-sided Towhee-2
Swamp Sparrow-5
White-throated Sparrow-2
Boat-tailed Grackle-20

Butterflies seen included loads of Cloudless Sulphurs, some Gulf
Frittilary, a Zebra, a Silver Spotted Skipper and a Monarch or
Viceroy.

Jack Peachey
Conway,SC
ppaw@sccoast.net