Wind Power

A couple of months ago their was a discussion on Carolina Birds which I
believe was on wind power and the California Condor. I just got my Fall
issue of Greenpeace Magazine which had a picture of a giant Wind Turbine
on the cover and a huge article promoting wind power and how Denmark
will be producing 50 percent of its electricity from wind by the year
2030, and the U.S. was way behind in this area. The article said nothing
on the effects of wind turbines on our dear feathered friends the birds.
They gave a web site for the American Wind Energy Association in the
article www.awea.org. I looked around for info on wind energy and bird
life. Under publications there are fact sheets you can download in using
adobe acrobat, which included a recently updated one on bird life and
wind energy, for those proficient in adobe acrobat. Unfortunately, I
haven't had much luck using adobe acrobat and didn't get to read it. I
have been a member of Greenpeace for over 20 years and was very
disappointed that they seem to be ignoring the environmental impact of
new technology on wildlife.

--
Linda Sharp
Greenville, SC