Chapel Hill Bird Club notes

I've updated the Chapel Hill Bird Club website
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/chbc/index.html
with information about this year's upcoming meetings and field trips, the
October _Bulletin_, and results of the 1999 Chatham County Fall Bird Count.

We're having a field trip Saturday (tomorrow) to Brickhouse Road near Falls
Lake (the "sparrowfields").  Meet at 7:30 am at Glen Lennox in Chapel Hill or
at about 8:15-8:30 at the end of Brickhouse Road.

The meeting is Oct. 25, 7:30 p.m., Binkley Baptist Church at the corner of
Willow Drive and the Hwy. 15-501 Bypass in Chapel Hill.  Come early if you
want cookies!

Fall and winter are the seasons to dream of future birding trips. Here's a
major aid to the imagination:  Birds of East Africa will be the subject at
our Oct. 25 meeting. Durham residents David Smith and Judy Hinderliter-Smith
have gone to Africa twice in search of birds -- most recently to Tanzania,
where in two weeks this summer they saw more than 330 species, including
hornbills, bustards and vultures. They'll show slides from the trip and talk
a little about the logistics of birding in Africa. Come widen your horizons.
(meeting writeup by Ginger Travis)

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                w 919-660-7423 (new!)
cwcook@duke.edu                 h 919-967-5446