Possible LeConte's (?) at HBSP

One note I forgot to mention on my previous post.  I was attempting to find
a longspur or two in the standard place at the base of the jetty when I
flushed a strange little sparrow.  I am used to flushing the multitude of
Savannahs which tend to pop up, give a few thin calls, and drop down after
100 feet or so.  By contrast, this bird popped up, fluttered about 5 feet,
dropped to the ground and started running.  I caught a brief glimpse of a
striped head with a broad tan-yellow stripe near the eye, (cannot remember
if it was just above or even with the eye), and a narrow eye ring.  I'm
sure it was not a Savannah, Song, or Sharptail.  The bird was in the
vicinity of the fenced in tern nesting area.  Attempts to relocate the bird
were not successful.  Comments or suggestions on the ID are welcome!

Steve Shultz
Cary, NC
computer.