Re: HBSP on 1-9

Dear Jack and all,
  Margo and I did HBSP on Saturday, 1/8, and it was a lot like Jack's
day, with very few gulls and no sea ducks at all. The only noteworthy thing
I saw that Jack doesn't report was the Peregrine that perched on the
beach on the Garden City side. I missed the Short-eared Owl for about
the 10th time since 1979.
   Today, my son Zeb and I birded and shelled at Edisto Beach SP
and Ace Basin,near the headquarters on Willtown Road. Saw a
Creeper at Ace, my first in years. Edisto beach was a lot
like HBSP, another mild day. We need some rotten, cold,
winter weather with a strong Northeasterly wind-brrrrrrrr!
Steve Compton
Raven23302@aol.com