Jordan xbills still there

We arrived at the spot around 11 a.m. and the Crossbills arrived right on
cue.  As soon as we walked past the gate they flew overhead and landed in a
sweet gum tree to the left of the path.  Lighting was poor, however we were
able to get good looks through our scope.  They were soon joined by a flock
of Cedar Waxwings.  How cool is that?!

Afterwards we made our usual trek to Big Woods Rd where we were greeted by a
Bald Eagle perched by the roadside.  Even non-birders were stopping to look.
We also saw a couple of Red-Shouldered Hawks and a Pileated Woodpecker while
there.

Cindy and Russell Hinnant
Apex, NC
shaz@mindspring.com