Pine Siskin snow visit

Folks,

With 1 1/2 inch of snow ontop one  feeder and the platform feeder being
full of snow the birds are scrambling like there`s no tommorrow here! I
managed to make out a Pine Siskin among the 20 or so Gold Finches! The
Gold Finches are fighting beak to beak with the 7-8 Purple Finches(1
male). I even saw my lone Song Sparrow fighting among them. There`s a
Junco and White Throated Sparrow determined to dig out the snow at the
platform feeder as well.

For those of you that are butterfly enthusiast I`ve uploaded 78 photos
from the  Museum of Life and Sciences Magic Wings Butterfly House. The
page has thumbnails and latin names for now, I plan on adding captions
soon. Have a look at http://www.rlephoto.com/troplep/ if you see any bad
IDs let me know as these can prove very difficult to get right with all
the mimicry between species.

Randy Emmitt
Rougemont,NC
http://www.rlephoto.com