Pacific Slope FC, yes; Red Crossbills, yes

They say the third time is the charm.  I pulled up to the flycatcher spot at
1:25 and immediately saw the bird flycatching (well not really, more later) from
the wire that makes a "fence" along the north side of the dirt road.  I was
afraid to approach the bird for a better view, but he soon solved that problem
by flying over to me!  Needless to say the views were spectacular.  I was
concerned about the bird's health after 2 bouts of winter weather and a general
lack of flies to catch.  I now feel somewhat better after observing the bird
catch a very large cricket.  Didn't think he could get it down, but he
eventually found a way.  I guess this is why he is usually seen so close to the
ground, he's found a food source.  Maybe this is a Pacific Slope Cricketcatcher
instead? <g>

Spirits lifted by the primary target, Brian Pendergraph and I moved on to
secondary target, Red Crossbill.  We quickly found a flock in the pines at the
previously reported spot 1.6 miles north of 64 on Big Woods Rd.  The birds
quickly tired of tree surfing (due to the high wind) and moved off to the south
after a view minutes.

Whew!  No more racing to Jordan during lunch for a while...

Regards,
Steve Shultz
Cary, NC
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please