Re: roosting birds

Shantanu and other interested c-birders:

The Condor article I was refurning to is "Communal Roosting of Pygmy
Nuthatches", by O.A. Knorr, Condor 59:6 Page 398 (Nov-Dec. 1957).  Knorr
was an ornithologist working in Colorado Springs in the 50's.  He worked
closely with Sam Gadd on several projects.  This article is based on Sam's
observation, and I can't remember why Sam did not publish it himself as he
did publish other things in Condor.

This thread has produced some interested observations.  Of particular
interest in the report of Brown-headeds using bluebird boxes.

Mike Schultz
Durham, NC