Re: Bluebirds at feeders

When Bluebirds are hungry and there aren't insects
available, they will definitely hunt out seed. But I
only know for sure they eat SHELLED sunflower seeds,
suet, peanut butter mixtures, nut meats (0r berries,
fruit). As far as I have ever heard of, they don't
crack open seed.Definitely let me know if you see one
cracking open a seed! Kate

--- Wallace Coffey <jwcoffey@tricon.net> wrote:
> Alex Netherton:
>
> We've had several reports of Eastern Bluebirds
> eating
> seed at feeders during prolonged snow cover.
>
> One of our bird club members showed several color
> slides to our groups of a bluebird with a seed in
> its
> bill while standing in a feeder.
>
> Wallace Coffey
> Bristol, TN