Re: Bluebirds at my feeder

Mike, the no- mess is probably shelled sunflower seed
and shelled peanuts or peanut hearts I am guessing.
Bluebirds will also eat Mealworms and dogwood berries.
At Outdoor Bird Co. where I work, we sell alot of
those this time of year. The berries are harvested in
the fall by Jack Finch in Bailey, NC. Bluebirds will
also eat Bluebird Treat, a suet mixture pressed out in
little pellets, that we also sell. That is very
popular this time of year. Alot of other birds that
cannot crack open seed love it(my pine warblers,
hermit thrush, carolina wrens, love it, as well as
timtice and chickadees)  Kate

--- Mckeonmpm@aol.com wrote:
> I southeastern Raleigh, I have bluebirds at my
> feeder for suet daily.  About
> 5-7 BB's sit and wait their turn.  When the suet
> runs out they take seeds
> from the feeder (the no-mess kind so I don't know
> which they prefer yet).
> Next time the suet runs out I'll wait a day or two
> before putting out more to
> determine their choice of seeds.
>

> Mike McKeon
> Raleigh, NC