Re: English Ivy and birds

Bill Parker wrote:

> I don't know what kind of vine you have but English Ivy does not have
> any berries. Inge Parker

Hi folks;
English Ivy does indeed have berries. It is after all related to
Gensing. The plant is a dangerous invasive, only having berries after it
has grown well up a tree, and the berries appear on mature branches. It
should not be allowed to spread, as it will take over a woodland.

--
Alex Netherton
The Appalachian Naturalist