Old friends return to the feeder

	This morning a uniquely colored white-throated sparrow returned to our
feeder.  This individual has a bright white half-collar on the right side
of its neck.  This is the 4th year that we have seen the same individual.

	Janet has a feeder at her classroom, and for at least 4 years has a
uniquely colored male towhee.  It has the usual coloration except for the
top of its head which is rusty brown.  This bird showed up yesterday for
the first time this winter.

Nice to have old friends back again.

Tom Krakauer
Tom Krakauer