Snow brings in new yard bird!

Folks,

Well finally with 16+ inches of snow and it still coming down heavily, I
just found a pair of Eastern Towhees below my feeder. You`d think with
108 birds already on my yard list I`d had towhees already. Next I want a
Mockingbird! My Purple Finches are in big numbers today somewhere like
15 of them. It`s hard to tell what`s going on out there as the snow on
the porch is so deep I can`t hardly see the ground below the feeder.

There`s a hole in the snow where my water feature is still open. I can`t
see the birds getting drinks, but I can see them hover down the steep
snow banks to get water! My other water garden looks bad as somehow the
water is about drained from it, and my hose is buried under all this
snow if it would keep water. Probably lost my goldfish already
anyway.....

Out to refill the feeder for the third time today!

Randy Emmitt
Snowbound in Rougemont,NC