Hermit Thrushes

With the recent snowfall, the Hermit Thrush certainly isn't living up to its
name.  I had 5 individuals perched in a holly tree beside my deck both
yesterday and today.  They were no doubt attracted to the seed that I spread
out for the ground feeders.  I didn't realize just how unusual this was
until I entered the sightings into the Project Feeder Watch database and was
prompted by a dialogue box asking if that total was correct.

Cindy Hinnant
Apex, NC
shaz@mindspring.com