Big Bird

Hello all,
This certainly can't top the ostrich story of last week, but I do have a
big bird story to share. Both Tuesday and yesterday, I had a crow eating
suet, balancing very precariously on the tree trunk and suet cage!
Juncos also were eating suet, along with the usual suspects.

The snow brought 4 new birds for my 2000 yard list: fox sparrow, purple
finch, pine siskin, and turkey vulture! Yesterday afternoon, about 75
robins descended on two ivy covered trees and attacked the berries
voraciously. Warm water in the birdbath attracted the robins, lots of
bluebirds, and "my" hermit thrush.

About 15 of us braved the roads to work today (out of @ 80) after
hearing the company recording that we would open at 11. It was
surprising which roads were clear and which weren't. Do be very careful
if you venture out - it's still quite bad in many spots.

Carol Williamson
Durham, NC
carolw@sandler-recht.com