Alledged P-s Flycatcher

Like Kent Fiala I wasn't going to get involved with the P-s Flycatcher
identification because I have no claim to bird id skills and struck out on my
one attempt to see the bird.  However, since Harry has pointed out the
problems in identification of Pacific-slope vs. Cordilleran Flycatcher I
thought I might share an opinion I heard on my recent trip to the Pacific
coast of Mexico with Steve Howell, Wings tour guide who lives in California.
We saw numerous examples of both Pacific-slope and Cordilleran which Steve
differentiated by altitude of the site where seen.  It is his opinion that
the split is incorrect.  In his experience the songs and calls of both birds
get mixed in different combinations according to where it is found on its
breeding grounds.

Clyde Smith
Smith82534@aol.com