gull and raven

Hi all!

Not looking forward to more snow, but as we say "rough weather makes good
birding".  Yesterday morning an interesting combination was in the parking
lot of the Wal-Mart in Boone.  A single ring-billed gull and a single Raven
were checking the lot for scraps of anything.  Ring-bills are regular here
in late spring but we don't see many in winter at all.  Just downslope in
Wilkes and East TN they can be seen all winter but they usually avoid these
higher elevations.  Interesting stuff, although I would trade it for a
little warmer temps.  This our second morning in a row under 7 degrees.
Burrr!!

Curtis Smalling
Ecos of the Blue Ridge
Watauga County Hotline #  828-265-0198