Crossbills

Carolinabirders:
Just to prove I still get out and about in the Carolinas a wee bit. Last
weekend a friend and I, at last, managed to see the Short-eared Owl on
Hooper Lane. Only took 2 months! Also the Calliope Hummingbird in Greer,
SC...a wonderful little bird with very gracious hosts.
Those 2 were, however, "stake-outs". What were not were the 3 Red Crossbills
in Hendersonville this morning (Monday 31 Jan). They were seen in the south
of town in an area of large white pines. Alas,  they were just flyovers, but
if there were 3, there must be others starting to wander in our area.
Simon

Simon Thompson
Ventures, Inc. Birding & Natural History Tours
PO Box 1095, Skyland, NC 28776
Phone/Fax: 828.859.0382
simon@teleplex.net
http://www.birdventures.com