Hooper Lane-Horned Larks etc.

Carol & I took a run by Hooper Lane on the way to Hendersonville this
afternoon around 4 pm to see if we could see the Longspurs and Pipits.
We saw a number of birds running around which seemed to be all Pipits. We
saw a group of birds just to the left of the others  and noticed they
were Horned Larks. There must have been 10-15 of them.
They were beautiful.  After scanning some more we finally found at least
2 Lapland Longspurs.  There may  have been another one or two that we
couldn't confirm because they were too far away.  These were in the same
field as reported earlier, corner of Hooper Lane and Jeffress Road.

Good winter birding,
Ben

Ben & Carol Ringer
Hendersonville, NC