Web site worth checking out

Hi Carolinabirders,

Most of you have probably already heard of "The Hunger Site",
http://www.thehungersite.com/, where for every person who clicks on an
icon, some companies purchase food for starving people around the world;
the companies do this in return for advertising space on the web site.
Well, someone in the Nature Conservancy has apparently copied this idea,
with the advertising companies instead purchasing acreage of rain forest.
Seems like a worthy cause, particularly given how many of our local
Carolina breeding species spend the winter in rain forest somewhere. Of
course, the rain forest residents benefit even more.

Anyway, the web site is http://rainforest.care2.com/
Check it out, and save some rain forest. And if this turns out to be a
scam (I doubt it will, with TNC's name attatched, but on the Internet you
never know), please let us all know...

Cheers,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose