Great Backyard Bird Count 2000

Count One, Count All - Help count the birds for the Cornell Lab of
Ornithology and the National Audubon Society!!

Mark your calendars, because the Great Backyard Bird Count is almost
here! From Friday, February 18th through Monday, February 21st we are
asking everyone in North America (and Hawaii!) to log on to our
website at http://www.birdsource.org to participate in the Great
Backyard Bird Count 2000.

All that is required of each participant is to keep track of the
species (kinds) of birds that you are seeing in your area, as well as
the greatest number of each kind you've seen at one time during that
day's count period.  It doesn't take much time at all, 15 minutes per
day for each day that you participate is fine. You can count for one
day or all four days, it is up to you. The project is FREE, and is a
lot of fun for families and individuals, so log on to the website for
more details.  Since this is an internet-based project, all the
details and instructions are provided for you right on the web site.
People who are not online may call one of the telephone numbers below
to find out how to participate.

Participation in this project helps us to get a good idea of where
the birds are - it's like a big bird census of sorts, and we need as
many people as we can to participate, so feel free to forward this
message to anyone you know who might be able to help out. If you'd
like press releases or instructions, please call the Lab toll-free
(within the US) at 800-843-2473, or dial direct (toll call) at
607-254-2473. You may also request materials via e-mail at
<cornellbirds@cornell.edu>.

Thank you, good birding, and we'll see, you on the internet!

PS - To receive announcements from the Lab on a regular basis, log on
to our Lab website at <http://birds.cornell.edu>, scroll down to the
bottom, and submit your name and e-mail address. Also be sure to
visit the Lab's new on-line birding shop during our 10% off GRAND
OPENING SALE. The website address for the Birding Shop is
<http://cornell.duncraft.com/>.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
+

GREAT BACKYARD BIRD COUNT   :30 PSA  (for radio/tv stations)

---------------

Do you enjoy watching birds?

It's time to log on to the Cornell Lab of Ornithology and National
Audubon Society's BirdSource website for the GREAT BACKYARD BIRD
COUNT 2000, February 18th through the 21st.

This internet-based project is free and open to the public, and you
can find all the details and instructions on the web site
<http://www.birdsource.org>. There is no pre-registration required.

If you need assistance or have questions, call the Lab at
800-843-2473 or 607-254-2473.

GOOD BIRDING, AND WE'LL SEE YOU ON THE INTERNET!