Little Gulls on the Outer Banks

Carolinabirders,

My wife Paula and I were NOT on the pelagic trip to see the albatross.  We
were leading an onshore trip.
Hey Brian, you know we want to go out on February 19th.  I hope albatrosses
hang around for a while.

Anyway, the birding along the shore was interesting, with monstrous feeding
groups of Northern Gannets concentrated in the Nags Head area.  Many
Bonaparte's Gulls were also in the area.  At Nags Head we found three Little
Gulls without working too hard at it.  We saw one on Saturday morning and
two Sunday morning from the beach in front of the First Colony Inn.  Also of
interest in the area were 11 Piping Plovers at Oregon Inlet, more than we
have seen  there in the winter in quite some time.

John Wright
Greenville, NC
jwright@skantech.net