New Hilton Pond Website

**********

Friends, Fellow Birders, and Banders . . .

I'm pleased to announce that after having spent the past several
months designing websites for others I've finally gotten a chance to
work on the one for Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History
at http://www.hiltonpond.org. The website is part of a major effort
to incorporate Hilton Pond Center as a nonprofit and to expand
considerably its education and outreach initiatives.

The site went live on 2 February and saw its shadow but--unlike
groundhog weather maven Punsutawney Phil--it WILL be staying up for
the remaining six weeks of winter, and thereafter!  :-)

I hope you'll have time to browse the site and that you'll find items
of ornithological interest. As time allows, I'll expand the current
sections and add more info about 19 years of bird banding at Hilton
Pond. For the moment, there are some preliminary results from the
current Northern Saw-whet Owl project, a list of all species banded
at Hilton Pond, and some photos of hand-held birds. There are also
checklists and photos of other Piedmont flora and fauna, as well as
info about the Center's general research and education activities.

Please take a look and send comments via the Guestbook section--which
will require a simple e-mail to <guestbook@hiltonpond.org> because
the auto-form isn't working right now. If you wish to contact me
directly, please use <hilton@hiltonpond.org> because I soon will be
closing out the address from which I sent this message.

Thanks to USiway (http://www.USiway.net) for supporting the websites
for Hilton Pond Center (http://www.hiltonpond.org) and Operation
RubyThroat (http://www.rubythroat.org).

Happy Birding!

BILL

**********

BILL HILTON JR.
"The Piedmont Naturalist"
1432 DeVinney Road
York, South Carolina 29745
USA

e-mail: <hilton@hiltonpond.org>

Voice: (803) 684-5852

eFax: (503) 218-0845

Operation RubyThroat Website:  <http://www.rubythroat.org>

Hilton Pond Website:  <http://www.hiltonpond.org>

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."

						BHjr.