Re: East TN birds

Email from Curtis Smalling (2000-02-09 14:52:28) :

> The Harlequin at South Holston was not there and hasn't been reported
> since the 31st on valley birds I guess.

The Harlequin Duck is still hanging around South Holston Dam near
Bristol, TN.  It was seen on 5 February 2000 by Ron Hoff and Dollyann
Myers.  It seems to spend most of its time at the weir dam but you
need to check all along the river from the dam to the concrete bridge
just downstream of the island.  It is almost always in the company
of Buffleheads.

Dean Edwards
Knoxville, TN
kde@utk.edu